We have a new web site!
Take a look around and let us know what you think!
Welcome to the Crown & Anchor Pub!
Proudly serving award winning beer and food in Austin, TX for over 25 years!
Since opening in 1987, Crown and Anchor Pub has been a favorite neighborhood spot of the Hyde Park/University Area. We are open every day of the week, 365 days a year, from 11am to 2am highlighted by a Happy Hour from 2-7pm on all draft beer. Our diverse selection includes over 30 taps and 100 bottles/cans, as well as a great range of ciders and wine. If you are in the mood for food, our award winning menu features our legendary burgers, cheese fries, nachos and much more.
There are plenty of places to sit and relax both inside and out with large covered and uncovered patio areas. Dogs are always welcome on the patio, where we offer dog bowls and free delicious dog treats. On the inside, we have pool tables, classic video games, and two dartboards with an open draw tournament every Wednesday night.
Looking for a place to watch the game? The Crown is a great idea with five big screen televisions and beer specials every day with a focus on local and craft beers.
So grab a group of friends or just your dog and a book and come by and see us today!
Here are some of the numerous awards we have collected over the years:
- Best Bar Music: 2010, Daily Texan
- Best Friendly Bar: Winner 2003 , Austin Chronicle
- Critics Pub Grub: Winner 2003, Austin Chronicle
- Best College-kid Pub Crawl: Winner 2001, Austin Chronicle
- Best Beer Selection: Runner Up: 2001 Austin Chronicle
- Critics Bargain Dish: Winner 2001, Austin Chronicle
- Best Veggie Burger: Runner Up: 1998 Austin Chronicle
- Best Inexpensive College Crowd Pleaser: Winner 1997, Austin Chronicle
- Best Pub Grub: Runner Up; 1997 Austin Chronicle
- Best Neighborhood Bar: Winner 1994, 1996